We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
For over a century, Yara has worked to feed the world, and our mission is to do so in a responsible and sustainable way. A newly established global unit called Digital Farming has been created within Yara to use digital solutions to help us achieve this goal, by building tools to help farmers use our products more efficiently and by creating business models that make our products more accessible. The Digital Factory is vital to this unit, as we have the mandate to design and build the products to enable this digital future. The success of Digital Farming and its solutions is a key priority in Yara, and we plan to significantly grow our capabilities in digital product development. We are now looking for forward leaning and enthusiastic leaders to help us build our team.
The Head of Digital Product Management will build and lead a global team of Product Managers who will work with the business and within our product teams to create engaging, user-centric services that solve the needs of the 21st century farmer.
- Ensure high quality customer experiences across all products and services produced by the Digital Factory, imparting day-to-day product leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, content, business, and engineering.
- Work with the Solution Owners and Yara business units to develop and deliver on product roadmaps that fit within the Agile software development framework
- Recruit and manage a global team of product managers
- Build and own the product development process within the Yara Digital Factory
- Develop and maintain the Digital Factory product development toolkit and way of work
- Build a coherent Digital Factory product portfolio and ensure synergies across teams are realized
- Lead the change management towards bringing agile project management into a traditionally waterfall organization
- Build understanding within the Yara organisation of product management best practices, including Agile software development, lean methodologies, and user focused design
- 10 years of experience in product management of consumer focused applications, preferably with solutions that blend physical and digital products
- 4 years of team leadership experience
- Extensive experience in agile development
- International experience is required
- Experience in agriculture related fields is an advantage, but not required
- Proven communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proven organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Preferred location is Berlin. Potential other locations to be discussed.
- International business travelling required