We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
For over a century, Yara has worked to feed the world, and our mission is to do so in a responsible and sustainable way. A newly established global unit called Digital Farming has been created within Yara to use digital solutions to help us achieve this goal, by building tools to help farmers use our products more efficiently and by creating business models that make our products more accessible. The Digital Factory is vital to this unit, as we have the mandate to design and build the products to enable this digital future. The success of Digital Farming and its solutions is a key priority in Yara, and we plan to significantly grow our capabilities in digital product development. We are now looking for forward leaning and enthusiastic leaders to help us build our team.
The Head of Digital Product Design will build and lead a global team of UX and UI designers and User Researchers who will work within our product teams to create engaging, user-centric services that solve the needs of the 21st century farmer.
- Ensure high quality customer experiences across all products and services produced by the Digital Factory, imparting day-to-day design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, content, business, and engineering
- Recruit and manage a global team of design resources, including UX and UI designers and user researchers
- Establish global design standards, processes, and toolboxes to be used across all Yara digital products
- Lead the change management towards becoming a design led company; be responsible for and effectively advocate for users in an wider corporate environment primarily focused on producing quality physical products in a safe and efficient manner
- 10 years of experience in product design of consumer focused applications, preferably with solutions that blend physical and digital products
- 4 years of experience leading design teams
- Experience in agriculture related fields is an advantage, but not required
- Effective in working across organizational and cultural boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize objectives
- Proven organizational, analytical, and creative ability
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Preferred location is Berlin. Potential other locations to be discussed
- A link to your online portfolio, or PDF if necessary, is required. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. If parts of your portfolio involved group work, please explain your specific role in the project