We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Business Unit Animal Nutrition offers high quality feed phosphates (BOLIFOR®, Kynoch), feed urea (RUMISAN®), feed acidifiers and preservatives to the animal feed industry.
The business unit sells all around the world with established markets in Europe, South Africa, Latin America, Middle East and South East Asia.
The R&D Advisor Special Products is part of the Animal Nutrition R&D Team, reporting to the R&D Manager. The team works on development projects in coordination with the sales team and marketing with the aim to implement a high performance sales model for Yara, focusing on technical service, knowledge awareness and innovation with focus on special products outside the commodity portfolio.
Yara is looking for a new Technical Advisor Specialties responsible for supporting the business unit with specific background in the area of monogastric.
- Responsible of the technical assistance for monogastrics in coordination with Marketing, R&D and the sales team for the business unit.
- Contribute to the development of the marketing activities in the BU in close cooperation with the Marketing and R&D team in order to reach the commercial targets.
- Improve customer satisfaction and loyalty to ensure sustainable business relationships.
- Generating, evaluating and reporting relevant market information to ensure competitive advantage
- Train the sales team and business partners on products and services in the field.
- Transfer product awareness and new developments generated by competitors to the R&D team
- Deploy R&D progress and new developments to customers and key stakeholders
- Contribute to technical and marketing communications (trade shows, marketing materials, promotional events, articles in specialized media, presentations)
- Planning, analysis and communication of field trials in strict coordination with the R&D Manager.
- Contribute to the R&D project portfolio development
- Assists the Sales Team in preparation of technical solutions to customers
- University degree in animal science or veterinary medicine with proven knowledge on monogastric nutrition, PhD would be appreciated.
- 3-5 years’ experience in feed industry, preferably in technical service positions
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to motivate stakeholders within and outside the company.
- Experience of on-farm rationing.
- Able to move confidently in a versatile, open, and international organization, enjoy different cultures and proficiency written and spoken in English (Spanish and/or Portuguese will be an additional plus)
- Effective team player who enjoys working together in a remote teams
- initiative taker and ability to work independently
- Travel is required
- Well organized and highly strategic as well as result orientated, with strong project management skills
The preferred location for the positions is Oslo, but Brussels and Madrid might be considered.
Some travelling will be required.