Chez Yara nous faisons partie d’un réseau global, collaborant pour résoudre utilement certains des principaux défis mondiaux: rareté des ressources, insécurité alimentaire et changements environnementaux.
About the unit
Yara is the world's largest producer of ammonia, nitrates and NPKs, offering solutions for sustainable agriculture respecting the environment. Our fertilizers and our crop nutrition programs were designed to help the sector of food production and to meet the needs of a growing world population. Our products and solutions help industry reduce emissions, improve air quality and prioritize effective operations safely. Founded in 1905 and operating in more than 150 countries, Yara employs more than 13,000 employees.
The plant of Gonfreville-l'Orcher (135 employees), near Le Havre, produces ammonia and urea for over 40 years. The main products portfolio is dedicated to environmental solutions and technical high quality urea grades. The plant has been revamped in 2017 with 70 M€ of investments.
Missions and responsibilities
Under the direct responsibility of the Plant Manager, the incumbent will be a key member of the management team and will develop the maintenance strategy for the site.
In charge of the maintenance and engineering department with an average annual budget of around € 4 million in maintenance and € 10 million investment, will be responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment, as well as investments in the interest of safety, timeliness and cost control to ensure a safe and reliable production.
The department consists of about 30 employees and is split into two mechanical and E&I teams for maintenance works and one for engineering of projects, modifications and reliability improvement.
- Ensure the rigorous application and monitoring of procedures in the regulation, in accordance with the requirements for a Seveso III - plant, and Yara internal standards,
- Be a role model for the department employees and contractors in achieving excellent performance in safety and reliability,
- Manage prioritization, planning, preparation and execution of routine day to day maintenance jobs (mechanical and electrical & automation), unplanned outages and support turnarounds to achieve on-budget and on-schedule performance,
- Pro-actively collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Operations, Procurement Department's, Finance Team, HESQ, etc.) to help achieve site objectives of safe & reliable plant operation and highest technical and efficiency standards for all maintenance activities. Effectively network/interface with Yara’s central technical support teams (e.g. Technical Process Owner Maintenance, static equipment, rotating machines),
- Define and implement a prioritized preventative maintenance strategy including equipment replacements. Prepare and monitor maintenance budgets (operational and investments) in relation with other departments,
- Drive effective contractor management principles in line with Yara’s central guidelines for contractor management,
- Be proactive and encourage all continuous improvements for the entire maintenance department, develop work processes, optimize and improve those existing to increase efficiency, reduce costs and move towards the 0 accident,
- Ensures full implementation and sustainability of lean principles in maintenance group (Yara Productivity System),
- Optimize and develop maintenance organization with qualified professionals in all areas and ensure constant updates in learning the latest technologies and methodologies,
- Conduct regular performance reviews (PDD) and agree development plans for all direct reports, maximizing competencies and alignment to department goals.
- Engineer (Bac +5), ideally like Arts & Métiers, ESME Sudria or equivalent with a specialty in industrial maintenance
- The incumbent will have a successful experience and very significant, more than 10 years, acquired in a similar position (scope and budget) in the area of heavy chemical or petrochemical in an international context
- Knowledge of failure modes, repair procedures and codes. Understanding of approval process to know where engineering input and management of change are required.
- Knowledge of cost and budget control, Exposure to CMMS, preferably SAP
- French and fluency in English is mandatory
- Strong safety leadership
- Analytical, structured way of thinking combined with a hands on approach, results oriented - ability to manage operational risk
- Excellent communication skills, able, to share his knowledge and learn from the others with open mind and curiosity
- High sense of accountability and ambition to serve the overall objectives of the plant and the company
- Ability and strong willingness to work with team and to collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders
Applicants from abroad expecting an International Assignment/Commuter contract are welcome to apply for this position.